The purpose of Shiloh Chapel is to proclaim the good news that Jesus truly saves.
Our desire is for Shiloh Chapel to be a place where all may grow into fully mature Christians through relevant Bible preaching and instruction, inspirational worship, and fellowship.
- That the Old and New Testaments were inspired of God, are inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, John 10:3, 17:17)
- In one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son
and Holy Spirit.
(Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 1:1, Acts 5:3-4)
- That Jesus was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin
Mary, and is true God and true man.
(Matthew 1:18, 20,22-25, Romans 9:5, 1 Timothy 2:5)
- That man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and
thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that
spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all
human beings are born with a sinful nature and, in the case of
those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in
thought, word and deed.
(Genesis 1:27, Psalms 51:5, Romans 3:23, 5:12)
- That the Lord Jesus died for our sins, according to the
Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice
and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of
His shed blood.
(Isaiah 53:5-6, 1 Corinthians 15:3, Acts 13:38-39, 1 John 1:7)
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His
ascension into Heaven and in His present life there for us, as
High Priest and Advocate.
(Matthew 28:5-6, Acts 1:9-11, Hebrews 7:25-26 1 John 2:1-2)
- That at any moment the Rapture of the saved may occur,
when the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven to catch
up His people to meet Him in the air.
(John 14:2-3, 1 Corinthians 15:51-52, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
- In the personal, bodily, and pre-millennial return of our Lord
Jesus Christ to set up His kingdom upon the earth.
(Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 1:7, 19:11, 20:6)
- That salvation is by grace through faith, and that all who
receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the
Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
(John 1:12-13, 3:6-8, Ephesians 1:13-15, 2:8-9)
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the
everlasting blessedness of the saved, the everlasting
conscious punishment of the lost.
(John 5:28-29, Daniel 12:2-3, Matthew 25:46, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)
- In the Church — a living spiritual body of which Christ
is the head and of which all regenerated people are members.
We believe that a viable church is a company of believers in
Jesus Christ, buried with Him in baptism and associated for
worship, work and fellowship. We believe that to these
viable churches is committed “till He Come” the observance
of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and God
has laid upon these churches the task of persuading a lost
world to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and to enthrone Him as
Lord and Master. We believe that human betterment and
social improvement are essential products of the gospel.
(Ephesians 1:22-23, James 1:27, 1 Peter 2:12,
1 Corinthians 11:23-26, 12:13, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:7-8)